Bell Ringers Week 2
Copy the following symbols on the staff provided.
Be sure to leave space for labels. We will discuss them as a class.
1. Draw a treble clef on the staff.
2. Draw a bass clef on the staff.
3. Number each line beginning at the bottom.
4. Number each space, beginning at the bottom.
1. Use Complete Sentences to answer the following:
a. What type of instruments and/or voices do you hear?
b. Which instruments are playing in the high range?
c. Which instruments are playing in the low range?
Taken From MusicEducationMatters.org
Music notation is the art of recording music in written form. Modern music notation is a product of centuries of transformation and is not always efficient or intuitive. A note written in musical notation is a representation of a specific pitch. Pitch is the highness or lowness of a sound. For example, a flute has a high pitch, while a tuba has a low pitch. Notation also represents different rhythms by using a variety of note values such as quarter notes and eighth notes.
1. Give this article a title.
2.What type of text structure does this use? Cause and Effect, Problem and Solution, or Enumeration (Descriptive)
3. Copy the graphic on the board.
What is pitch? How does the staff work?